“CARS” Non Profit Organization Now Supports BCC

Are you ready to get rid of a car, boat, RV or motorcycle but don’t want the hassle of selling it? CARS™, “The Nation’s Leader in Charitable Logistics,” was created to provide logistical and managerial support to non-profits in order to help them achieve maximum profitability from all fund raising efforts through helping organizations create, implement, and manage vehicle donation programs all across the United States.

Since the tax law changes of 2004 the vehicle donation industry has seen some turbulent times. CARS picks up your donation when it’s most convenient, issues you with a tax receipt for your records and takes care of all the additional paperwork.

Why donate? 
• Avoid the hassles of selling a car
• No need to pay hefty repair bills
• Free up space in your garage
• 100% tax deductible

Making a donation is EASY! 

It’s as easy as filling out the online donation form below or picking up a phone and speaking to a live operator. Our friendly operators toll-free at (855) 500-RIDE (7433) seven days a week. When you call the number, you’ll be asked who would you like the car to be donated to, so you can say either “BCC” or “Beth Chayim”.

• Donate your car or truck
• Donate your boat
• Donate your motor home
• Donate your motorcycle

Please visit the FAQ before you fill up the form or call.

F. A. Q.

What are the benefits of donating my car to BCC?
BCC benefits by receiving a cash donation from CARS to fund new and existing programs and increase community awareness through local events. BCC will receive a full 80% of the selling price (less towing fees).
You benefit by being able to reduce your taxable income when taxes are itemized. Plus you avoid the costs associated with selling your car. No need to pay for advertising, no loss of privacy and possible security risk, and no need to pay for vehicle registration, insurance, and repairs to keep your car in running condition while you wait for a buyer.

How do I donate?
Click here to go to our online donation form. Someone will contact you after receiving this form.

Does my car have to be running to donate it?
In some cases we can take your car, running or not. However, it must have an engine and be towable. Contact a representative at (855) 500-7433 to find out if your vehicle qualifies for pick-up.

Do you only accept cars for donation?
Many types of motor vehicles are accepted including boats, motorcycles, trucks, and cars. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your vehicle is eligible, please contact the vehicle donation program.

How long will it take to pick up my vehicle?
We make donating your car as simple and convenient as possible. In many cases, vehicles can be picked up the same day.

Do I have to be with the vehicle at the time of pick-up?
No. Special arrangements can be made by calling our representative.

What paperwork do I need?
The only paperwork needed is a signed, clear title (pink slip). NOTE: A clear title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien.

Do I need a smog certificate in order to donate my car?
No. You may donate your vehicle without these documents.

What if I receive legal notices?
In the rare event that you receive any notification of a lien sale, DMV actions or other activity related to your donated vehicle, please contact (855) 500-7433 immediately for assistance.

How does the new law effect my tax deduction?
Donors are no longer responsible for determining the deductible value of their donation. Instead, they will receive IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes if the proceeds from the sale exceed $500, stating the amount of the gross proceeds from the sale of the donated vehicle. The amount listed on IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes will be the gross proceeds of the deductible donation.

Will I get a tax receipt for my donation?
Yes. Our driver will issue a receipt at the time of pick-up. This is not your final tax receipt unless the sale of your vehicle does not exceed $500. This initial acknowledgement will indicate your name as well as the year, make, model and condition of the car you are donating. It will be your only receipt if your vehicle sells for less than $500.
An IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds received from your car, provided your vehicle sold for more than $500. This will be your tax receipt for your charitable contribution.

How is the value determined on the vehicle donated?
The value is determined by the gross proceeds raised from the sale of the donated vehicle. You no longer have the burden of determining the value yourself.

What can I claim as a deduction?
According to the tax law effective January 1, 2005, if the claimed value of the donated vehicle exceeds $500, the taxpayer is limited to a deduction equal to the gross proceeds of the sale.

What if my car is valued over $5000?
You are no longer required to have vehicles appraised. The value you may claim will be the amount of gross proceeds received from your vehicle.

Leave a Comment